Date: 26th March
Location: Jodrell Bank Centre for Astrophysics, University of Manchester.
The UK ARC Node is please to announce an ALMA Community Day for Cycle 7 for the UK astronomical community. This one day meeting will cover ALMA's new (VLBI, Solar) and existing capabilities and proposal preparation in readiness for the ALMA Cycle 7 proposal deadline (April 17th 2019).
The meeting will provide an overview of what to consider and what to expect when proposing and how to complete your Phase 1 and Phase 2 ALMA proposals, ideal for new ALMA users or a refresher for the more experienced. The meeting will take place on 26th March at JBCA on the University of Manchester main campus.
- 09:00 - Registration desk open (with coffee).
- 10:00 - Welcome
- 10:15 - ALMA overview
- Basics of interferometry
- Intro to ALMA
- Angular scales, multiple arrays, and zero spacing.
- What to expect from the ALMA Proposal process: Phase 1 and Phase 2.
- 11:00 - Coffee Break
- 11:30 - New Capabilities in Cycle 7
- 12:15 - The OT
- 13:00 - Lunch
- 14:00 - Inspecting and working with Archival Data
- 14:30 - Simulations for ALMA (simobserve example script and FITS file)
- 15:00 - Coffee Break
- 15:30 to 17:00 - Getting started on your proposal (free season with UK ARC staff around to help).
This event has no registration fee, please fill in the registration form here:
Location and Travel information:
Information on getting to the JBCA can be found here.